[SOLVED - mysteriously...not quite] Re: xorg installation fails, 99% complete only

Gerrit P. Haase gp@familiehaase.de
Thu Nov 11 12:20:00 GMT 2004

Carlo Florendo wrote:

>> Cygwin Rocks!

Yes.

> I tried to reproduce the problem on the WinXP SP2 machine in question
> and I was unsuccessful in reproducing it...
>
> Cygwin installed like a charm =)
>
> Now, I don't  know why such is the case.
> Hmmm...To tell the truth, I was actually asking  someone to follow
> instructions from me, (i.e. press this button, select "Unix", click ok,
> etc.).  However, when I myself tried do a fresh uninstall and fresh
> install, all worked well.

Fresh install... how fresh is fresh?  Maybe there remains some registry
key after an uninstall?

> In any case, I'm now attaching cygcheck.out and setup.log (compressed)
> so the experts could point out what difference it had with my previous
> posting of cygcheck.out and setup.log,

I could see no significant difference there.

> My suspicion is that the one whom I asked to install cygwin did
> something else that she didn't tell me....(What I saw when she was
> installing cygwin was the "99% completed" on xorg that never stopped.
> This, I verified with my  eyes.   On her following my instructions,  I
> didn't see it with my own eyes.  She just said she did.)

Gerrit
--
=^..^=