xorg installation fails, 99% complete only

bruno patin bruno.patin@wanadoo.fr
Thu Nov 11 14:14:00 GMT 2004

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

> bruno patin wrote:
>
>> Ok there the status
>> As already stated a loop somewhere that consume memory with time when
>> installing /usr/X11R6/share/doc/Cygwin/xorg-x11-fscl-6.8.1.README
>> the joined files:
>> 1 cygcheck.txt (this mail)
>

> This is perhaps a problem:
> TEMP = `C:\DOCUME~1\bruno\LOCALS~1\Temp'
> TMP = `C:\DOCUME~1\bruno\LOCALS~1\Temp'
>
> TEMP = `c:\DOCUME~1\ericson\LOCALS~1\Temp'
> TMP = `c:\DOCUME~1\ericson\LOCALS~1\Temp'
>
> Plese try setting TEMP and TMP in the Windows global environment to
> some PATH without spaces in it, eg.:
> TEMP=c:\TEMP
> TMP=/tmp
>

> Gerrit

Gerrit,

I was thinking of something. I would be surprised that my test with
different TMP variables could work because they work for all the
packages before. Could it be more something like trying to open more
than the permitted number of files ? when trying at this step to open
one more handler, setup would fail go into a continuable exception not
releasing the memory associated with this corrupted handler and trying
again consuming memory ?

Is it ridiculous ?

Bruno