Why Xming.exe?

David Fraser davidf@sjsoft.com
Thu Nov 11 16:04:00 GMT 2004

Christopher Faylor wrote:

>On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 10:30:48AM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>

>>In any event
>>

>Sorry.  This message obviously slipped out before I was done with it.
>I blame my spastic index finger.  It likes to press the "y" key.
>
>In any event, what I was going to say above was that "In any event"
>it is certainly possible to craft a Cygwin/X installation which only
>installs a minimal number of packages.  No one has stepped forward
>to do this.
>
>Many of the observations made here are fixable just by having someone
>step forward to do the work in Cygwin.  If no one is willing to do that,
>that's fine.  You can do related work elsewhere but touting MinGW
>programs as a solution to Cygwin problems doesn't work.

OK thats fine, just a minor point: there is one Cygwin problem that this
solves, which is that people keep on requesting this kind of thing on
the cygwin-xfree mailing list :-)
Also its constructed from the same source code as cygwin/X so its
arguably the same thing.
But anyway we'll happy carry on discussion on a different list

David