Mozilla ready compiled, but not operational

bruno patin bruno.patin@wanadoo.fr
Fri Nov 12 16:16:00 GMT 2004

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

> bruno patin wrote:
>
>> Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have some mozilla binaries, the application starts and the usual
>>> window is displayed, but it does nothing, if an URL is entered in the
>>> address bar and I hit enter, nothing happens, menus are displayed ok,
>>> but clicking on an entry does nothin, tooltips are not working or not
>>> visible, there is only a minimal balloon displayed.  The GTKMozEmbed
>>> test application is working fine and I can browse websites with it.
>>>
>>> What may be the problem with the mozilla application?
>>>
>>> Who is interested to help debugging this?
>>>

>>> Gerrit
>>

>> Why not but beware, I do not know the internals of mozilla that well
>> (notat all in fact, only reading what something like linux mag could
>> write). What do you want me to do ? Don't forget I have no
>> operational cygwin working at this step as I'm working on the install
>> problem and each test is a long one.
>

> One problem I have at the moment is hardware related:
> /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.1/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld:
> final link failed: No space left on device
>
> And I have just 512 MB RAM, but linking a non-debugging version of the
> necko layout library requires 1.25 GB RAM, the debugging version
> requires 1.75 GB RAM and lots of free HD space.  It is not crucial, it
> just lasts very long to link this library if 1.25 GB needs to be
> swapped.  I have some more RAM which I can use so this is not really a
> problem.
>
> If you have enough RAM (1 GB) you could compile it too and then run it
> with gdb.  I'm not in a hurry and I'll be out of town the next week.
> I try to update my sources and my patchfile to offer a patch which
> will apply against a recent nightly-snapshot of mozilla.
>

> Gerrit

At work I have this ram but not at home only 756Mb so I will take timeto
compile (time to read perhaps :-) ). For the time being I have to
download a source equivalent to yours. Do you have a specific adress or
do I search on the mozilla site ? One question, when you speak of
mozilla, you speak of firefox, am I wrong ?

Bruno