Newbie problem

m. z. mzap80@hotmail.com
Sat Nov 27 00:55:00 GMT 2004

I made a full installation oj Cygwin, but when I double clicked on startxwin
just an X icon appeared on the Windows bar.
I read the cygwin-x user manual and I tried all the options for the XWin.exe
command. What I was expecting to obtain it was something similar to the
picture of Cygwin X window manager at
http://gnuwin.epfl.ch/apps/cygwin/en/index.html , but nothing of it
appeared.
Right clicking with the mouse on the X icon and removing the check mark on
the "Hide Root Window" option, I obtained a grey desktop.
But on this grey dektop, the mouse doesn't work at all. For example I am not
able to open xterminals on it with the mouse, if I put the clock, I cannot
move it, etc.
I would like to know if I am doing something wrong.
Thank you very much and best regards