Strange redraw problem with multiwindow

Roman Belenov rbelenov@yandex.ru
Fri Oct 1 09:35:00 GMT 2004

Alexander Gottwald <alexander.gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de> writes:

> Somehow the workarea got stripped.

Actually, it seems that I found the cause. I'm using Next-like application
launcher (BrLaunch) that uses left side of the screen to display button bar
(have been using it for years and so forgot to mention it in the first
message as something unusual). It resizes the desktop, so that when a window
is maximized, it doesn't cover the buttons. Seems that X server in multiwindow
mode gets confused.

Just tried X -multiwindow without BrLaunch launched, and it works fine. But it
would be nice if it operates correctly with resized desktop.

> Can you please run with more debug messages and send me the logfile again?

No problem.