problem with Release: 6.8.1.0-1

Alexander Gottwald alexander.gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de
Tue Oct 5 11:47:00 GMT 2004

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Marcel Sluiter wrote:

> Dear Developers,
>
> had previous version of X running nicely under Cygwin, but with recent
> update something went amiss.
> (details Win XP professional, Japanese language version)
> Below is the message that I get with starting xwindows...
>
>  >startx &
> Welcome to the XWin X Server
> Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
> Release: 6.8.1.0-1
>
> Contact: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
>
> XWin was started with the following command line:
>
> X :0 -multiwindow -clipboard
>
> (WW) /tmp mounted int textmode

Maybe remounting /tmp to binmode helps
mount -buf $(cygpath -m /tmp) /tmp

> InitQueue - Calling pthread_mutex_init
> InitQueue - pthread_mutex_init returned
> InitQueue - Calling pthread_cond_init
> InitQueue - pthread_cond_init returned
> winInitMultiWiSignal 9

please try starting XWin alone:

XWin :0 -multiwindow -clipboard
DISPLAY=:0.0 xterm

and

XWin :0
DISPLAY=:0.0 xterm

The latter will have clipboard support and multiwindow mode disabled

> interesting detail.....
> when is type command "man startx" I see, before the manpage appears, and
> after quitting the manpage the following
>
> Unrecognized line in config file (ignored)
> JNROFF        LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8 /usr/bin/groff -Tnippon -mandocj
> Unrecognized line in config file (ignored)
> KNROFF        /usr/bin/groff -Tkorean -mandoc
> Unrecognized line in config file (ignored)
> JNEQN           /usr/bin/eqn -Tnippon
> Unrecognized line in config file (ignored)
> KNEQN        /usr/bin/eqn -Tkorean
> I have no desire to use Xwindows in any other language than

this is a message from man, not from Cygwin/X.

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de