Problems building PerlTK on cygwin

Yaakov Selkowitz yselkowitz@users.sourceforge.net
Tue Oct 5 19:26:00 GMT 2004

Markus Jung wrote:
> Hi List!
> Please can anyone help me with the following error during the make of
> PerlTK. I'm using cygwin/x-free on an windows XP box with WindowMaker.
> I've downloaded the PerlTK-Sources from CPAN. Is there a problem with this
> sources on cygwin. Does anyone know about a cygwin package for PerlTK?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

I have packages for perl-Tk-804.027 on X11 only, and perl-Tk-800.025(*)
for both Win32 and X11 (separate packages) on my project site:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cygwin-ports/

 From your output, it looks like you're trying to build the Win32
interface; I haven't been able to get this to work either for 804.027.

Yaakov

(*) These were built against perl-5.8.2 and probably won't work with the
current perl-5.8.5; maybe I'll rebuild at least the Win32 package soon.