Redraw problem

Cserveny Tamas smil@fiktiv.szgtikol.kando.hu
Tue Oct 19 07:11:00 GMT 2004

Hi list,

I've experienced the following problem with X. The intersecting parts of X
windows are not get redrawn properly. It seems that a lack of redraw is the
problem, since moving the mouse around makes the "hidden" part visible again.
Intersecting with native ones works fine.

This problem exist in -multiwindow with root windows turned off.
Xwinwm seems to fix the problem, but I've experienced instability using it.
(version 0.0.5).
There are some utilities like xfontsel or titrax etc..., which use motif? as
widgetset, are more likely to get corrupted than others. With xterm or KDE I
can hardly remember any case. (some text missing)

Best regards,
--
Cserveny Tamas

Der Kopf und der Hals gehen zusammen in den Garten und spielen Ball im Wasser.