Cygwin/X and loggin on remote server

Jani Tiainen redetin@luukku.com
Sun Oct 24 07:14:00 GMT 2004

Alexander Gottwald wrote:
> Jani Tiainen wrote:
>

>>Could this be problem with my .xsession, what should I have content for
>>it..?
>

> #!/bin/bash
> exec xfce
> exit 0

I tried following .xsession:

#!/bin/bash
exec xterm
exit 0

> should be sufficient
>
> What happens if you start .xsession from the ssh shell. Does it immediatly
> return or only after you closed xfce
>
> Have you tried a different window manager? like fvwm2 or for plain testing
> xterm.

Initial window closes only after I close second xterm window.

When starting window manager it doesn't close initial window unless
_last_ pipe closes... that mean if I have only xfcwm4 running it will
remain visible as long as session lasts.

Any other ideas?

--

Jani Tiainen