Fwd: Minimal replacement for Exceed

amanda345@altern.org amanda345@altern.org
Fri Oct 29 20:45:00 GMT 2004

   Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 15:48:18 -0700 (PDT)
   From: Igor Furlan
   Subject: Re: Minimal replacement for Exceed
   To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com

   --- amanda345@altern.org wrote:

   > I want to find a replacement for Hummingbird Exceed.
   >  I know that Cygwin includes an X server, but I'm
   > not interested in all of Cygwin.  What would be the
   > minimum I'd need to install to be able to run
   > Cygwin/X?  In case it matters, I'd like to run the X
   > server with the -multiwindow and -clipboard
   > parameters.

   http://x.cygwin.com/docs/ug/setup-cygwin-x-installing.html

Yeah, I already read that; it says:

  On the next screen you will select the packages that will be
  downloaded and installed. A listing of the Cygwin/X packages is
  given below; a listing of the general Cygwin packages would be
  beyond the scope of this document.

In the listing of Cygwin/X packages the guide says which X11 packages
are required, but it says nothing about the "general Cygwin packages"
that are needed for a minimal X server (they are "beyond the scope of
this document").  That's what my original query is trying to get at.
(Sorry for the confusion.)

Amanda