ssh slowdowns under X

Jack Tanner ihok@hotmail.com
Wed Sep 1 18:05:00 GMT 2004

I'm experiencing unusually (as in, didn't happen before) slow ssh
connections when running in an xterm. Just interacting with a remote
bash (local xterm binary) makes characters show up with a delay. There's
no delay if I'm not connected via ssh (i.e., local xterm, and typing
into local shell), and there's no delay if I'm not in an xterm (i.e.,
local rxvt and typing into ssh-connected remote shell).

Just updated all local packages, remote boxes used for testing are
completely updated Fedora Core 1 and Fedora Core 2.