Remote logon via XDMCP to Solaris and Linux

Terje J. Hanssen nteknikk@monet.no
Wed Sep 15 00:45:00 GMT 2004

Alexander Gottwald wrote:

> Terje J. Hanssen wrote:
>
>> On Windows:
>> startxin
>> /usr/X11R6/bin/xhost remote_solaris_host
>
> you can add the hostname to /etc/X0.hosts
> This will always grant the host access

"hostname" or "hostname +" ?

Does Cygwin/X also need or use a user based auhentication?

>> rlogin remote_host
>> setenv DISPLAY local_win_ip
>
> setenv DISPLAY local_win_ip:0.0

I wonder why sometimes :0.0 is needed and other times not?

>> xterm&
>>
  >> 2) An additonal question: 'xstartxwin.bat' open a small X window with
>> small fonts. How and where is it possible to get larger fonts, possibly
>> by using a configuration file for this startup?
>
> man xterm
>
> (see -fn and -fa option)
>
> xterm -fn 12x24

But is it possible to configure the default startup of startxwin.bat and
xterm from the program start menu?

Thanks,

Terje J. Hanssen