Xnest crashes

Maarten Boekhold boekhold@emirates.net.ae
Fri Sep 17 10:35:00 GMT 2004

Alexander Gottwald wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, Maarten Boekhold wrote:

>>XFree86-Bigfont extension local-client optimization disabled due to lack
>>of shared memory support in the kernel

> Unfortunatly not. I've just tried with 6.8.0 Xnest and remote xterm and had no
> crash on client connect.

I wonder if this might be caused by the specific client that I use.
Perhaps it is explicitly requesting the SHM extension? This one appears
to be disabled in Xnest (but AFAIK is working in XWin). Then again, I
just tried the same with xterm, and it still crashes...

I can try with a different color depth later on (can't shut down my
regular Xserver at the moment).

Maarten