-clipboard & xwinclip & -nounicodeclipboard

Zach Gelnett zach@prozach.com
Tue Sep 21 14:09:00 GMT 2004

I’m using the latest version of the KDE desktop from
kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/install

If I run the XWin.exe with the “-clipboard” option I keep getting this
error:

winClipboardErrorHandler – ERROR:
            BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)

And whatever it is that I selected takes over my clipboard, basically the
selects from Cygwin are what’s in my clipboard no matter what.  I can paste
into windows but I can’t copy from windows and have it show up in either
windows or cygwin.

So I restart the X server, this time not using the –clipboard option.  When
the server comes up I run: xwinclip >/dev/null &
This seems to work fine for a while, then it arbitrary crashes.  I’ve piped
the output to a log file and here’s what I get:

UnicodeSupport  -  Windows NT/2000/XP
Unicode clipboard I/O
GetClipboardData () failed: 00000000

So I restart X yet again this time with the –nounicodeclipboard option.
This, I’m afraid, doesn’t seem to do anything at all.  No clipboard
functionality, buggie or otherwise.