xemacs: segmentation fault after <ctrl-x><ctrl-c>

Sven Severus s.severus@hima.com
Wed Sep 29 06:52:00 GMT 2004

>>> Dr. Volker Zell writes:

  > Well, I have also installed the latest
  > 2 sumos. XEmacs is not crashing
  > for me. But hey, it could of course
  > depend on the special lisp packages
  > you're using from the sumos. Actually
  > I use a lot of them but not all.
  >
  > Is it possible for you to find out
  > which lisp packages you have loaded
  > when the crash occurs. Sure, you're
  > not using all of them ...

I'm sorry, but I don't know how to find
out this. But maybe the following will
be an answer to your question:
I start xemacs from bash/xterm command line
with "xemacs filename.c &", xemacs starts
up properly. Then I type <ctrl-x><ctrl-c>,
the xemacs window closes and the error
messages occur in the xterm window.
I do not have any customizations or anything
else configured in xemacs. I'm running it
just as installed (in a complete Cygwin
installation including all currently
(27.09.) available packages).

  > rebasing has definitely nothing to do
  > with the sumo packages, but with the
  > dll's XEmacs is using.

For me the crashing behavior comes with
installation of 2004-08-18 sumo packages
and goes with installation of 2004-02-02.
So, your statement tells me, that rebase
will not be the tool to remove the exit
crash problem. Do you agree?

Thank you for your answer.

Best regards,