Cygwin for all users

Chuck Theobald chuckt@darkwing.uoregon.edu
Tue Apr 12 22:30:00 GMT 2005

Per my recent post on this issue, try setting Windows permissions on the
<install drive>:\cygwin\tmp directory to allow Full Control to
Everyone.  Not the lightest touch, but it works for my installations.

Chuck

At 02:22 PM 4/12/2005, Sundar Narayan wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I tried installing Cygwin for all users on my Windows machine but it didn't
>work. I am able to start the x window application only when I log in and not
>when other users log in to the Windows machine. Can you tell me what is
>wrong?
>or do I need to make any kind of changes after installing or before? I am
>making sure that the "All Users" box is checked before the installation
>starts
>but it still doesn't work.
>
>Thanks much
>
>-Sundar
>
>VTExCCL
>103 Randolph Hall
>Virginia Tech
>Blacksburg VA 24060
>Phone - 540-231-1776(work)
>         540-557-7739(cell)

Chuck Theobald
System Administrator
The Robert and Beverly Lewis Center for Neuroimaging
University of Oregon
P: 541-346-0343
F: 541-346-0345