Startx not running

shalloo@aol.com shalloo@aol.com
Thu Apr 21 22:33:00 GMT 2005

Hello,
The name is Jared Moraska.

My problem is this. Startx won't start. I can get the shell to start
but when I type startx it starts to load and then stops. It is doing
something because it is using about 70% of my cpu, but it just won't
load the xterm like window. It then gives me a line saying "waiting for
x server to begin accepting connections." I have gotten it to work a
number of times before. I have updated everything and that did not
work. I am running it off an XP PC. I have searched through the mailing
lists and couldn't find anything to help. So if someone can tell me how
to fix it, it would be much appreciated.

Jared