Problems with arrow keys and delete

Thomas Dickey dickey@his.com
Fri Apr 22 13:47:00 GMT 2005

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, Alexander Gottwald wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, Thomas Dickey wrote:
>
>> iirc, NumLock would simply prevent the key from being recognized.
>>
>> The description above hints that the application doesn't expect to
>> see the "2" which is sent to denote that the shift-key is pressed.
>
> Ah, yes. I noticed similar behaviour with fvwm and desktop switching
> on shift-alt-arrow_key which did not work if numlock was switched on.
> It then produced just 4C in xterm (2C with shift, 3C with alt).

I'm not sure what would make the "ESC [" lost.

Just checking here, if I set NumLock (and am using cygwin), I don't see
xterm lose that information.  With xterm #198 (which shouldn't be
different - this code is not that recent), I'm seeing things like

 	ESC [ 1 ; 2 A

whether or not NumLock is set.

--
Thomas E. Dickey