gcc does not exist in cywin

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux@peaktime.be
Wed Apr 27 08:31:00 GMT 2005

s wrote:
> hi
> I would really appreciate if you could answer my
> question.
> I installed Cygwin via Setup.exe. I installed every
> Cygwin package by clicking on the "Default" field next
> to the "All" category. But GCC was not installed.
> How can I install gcc on cygwin??
> I appreciate your prompt response,
> nima

Not installed because "Default" is not a development environment! In
setup you have to open "All", open "Devel", and click on gcc-core. Or
something like that since personnally I dont compile in cygwin but in
pure mingw.

HaND,
--
Michel Bardiaux
Peaktime Belgium S.A.  Bd. du Souverain, 191  B-1160 Bruxelles