Icons

Joe Krahn jkrahn@nc.rr.com
Sun Aug 28 22:41:00 GMT 2005

And, some design questions for the group:

Application icon overrides seem not so useful. Maybe it was originally
just a way to get icons when the XIcon-to-HICON way didn't work?

A more useful implementation might be to define icons to use for an X
client that does not set it's own icon.

I think WM's normally do not override icons. But, some are implementing
icon themes. It might be nice to implement that, not because I like
themes, but because it is nice to have the same icons as your Linux/etc
desktop.

Icon grouping in the task bar is based on the executable that created
it. So, there is no easy way to keep from having all X-app window icons
glommed into one taskbar button.

Joe