scribus: cygjpeg-62.dll not found

Erich Dollansky oceanare@pacific.net.sg
Sat Dec 10 02:14:00 GMT 2005

Hi,

thanks for your help.

I found out that the package I needed war not available at the original
site.

Christopher Faylor wrote:

>>after installing Scribus from ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports, I
>>get the error message that cygjpeg-62.dll is missing.
>>
> If you visit http://cygwin.com/packages/, you can find the package that
> contains the missing file.  Then you can use setup.exe to install it.

I used then ftp://ftp.sunet.se to get the missing file.

The new problem is now that Scribus consumes all of the CPU time and
does not show up at all.

I also noticed the .qt directory in the home directory of the user is
empty. Shouldn't there be some kind of settings stored?

Do I have to run first some kind of desktop to get Scribus running?

Erich