How do I make DOS scripts to start X applications?

Thomas Chadwick j_tetazoo@hotmail.com
Thu Dec 22 15:24:00 GMT 2005

>From: Scott <Pieman at Chunderpot dot com>
>Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 09:58:54 -0500
>
>This has probably been asked and answere before - sorry - but could
>someone help me out?
>
>Once I've started X, I wish to have icons I can click on to start up X
>applications via commands I devise myself, for example, custom xterms or
>emacs windows on various nodes using ssh. I know the commands to do what
>I want, just need to know how to embed them in a DOS script that I can
>click on. ("toolbar" is not adequate to my needs.)
>
>Embedding in a DOS script seems the obvious way to make clickable icons
>to start X applications, maybe there is another.
>
>Could someone help me out? Thanks!
>
>Scott

Ty installing the package "X-start-menu-icons", which adds a bunch of
pre-made shortcuts for commonly used X apps to your Windows Start menu.  You
should be able to look at the properties of the shortcuts to see how they
work.  I think you will find that in most cases, you don't even need a BAT
file, but can simply specify everything you need in the Target field of the
Windows shortcut.

-Tom