problems with xfree86 and x11 in Cygwin on notebook

Daniel Schulte dschulte@awi-bremerhaven.de
Thu Dec 22 16:47:00 GMT 2005

Dear all,

I have tried to install cygwin-x today on my notebook, but it failed
unfortunately.  The installation process was ok, but I am not able to
set a display resp. to initialize a x-server. I think that my graphic
ship SIS 650 is the problem. But I don't know how to configure the X11
enviroment of cygwin-xfree, so that the x-server will run and that I
will be able to connect myself with my notebook to another Unix-server
and to work with emacs or nedit on my laptop. The same installation on a
PC with a more common graphic.ship was successful.

Does anyone have an idea, which file I have to configure and which
settings I have to use, so that the X-server will work?

Thanks a lot and merry christmas to everyone.

Daniel