Problem with the cygwin(perhaps the problem with wmaker,not sure)

ZHANG ming smiling_apple812@hotmail.com
Tue Feb 15 14:33:00 GMT 2005

hi everyone,

I have got a problem. I really tried my best to solve it, but...

The fact is that, a month ago, they have installed a cygwin for my system,
and it worked well. Yesterday, I have tried to install a cygwin from
internet. I installed it in another directory.

The result is that, it does not work now, the cygwin.
Before posting this message, I have tried:

deleting the trace in the Windows registry,so it works better now. But it
always can not display the fenetre "xterm".

the XWinlog file is as below:

Welcome to the XWin X Server
Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
Release: 4.3.0.63
Contact: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com

XWin was started with the following command line:

XWin -clipboard -multiplemonitors -rootless

ddxProcessArgument - Initializing default screens
winInitializeDefaultScreens - w 1024 h 768
winInitializeDefaultScreens - Returning
OsVendorInit - Creating bogus screen 0
winValidateArgs - g_iNumScreens: 1 iMaxConsecutiveScreen: 1
winDetectSupportedEngines - Windows NT/2000/XP
winDetectSupportedEngines - DirectDraw installed
winDetectSupportedEngines - DirectDraw4 installed
winDetectSupportedEngines - Returning, supported engines 00000007
winScreenInit - dwWidth: 1024 dwHeight: 768
winSetEngine - Using Shadow DirectDraw NonLocking
winAdjustVideoModeShadowDDNL - Using Windows display depth of 32 bits per
pixel
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed - User w: 1024 h: 768
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed - Current w: 1024 h: 768
winGetWorkArea - Original WorkArea: 0 0 738 1024
winGetWorkArea - Virtual screen is 1024 x 768
winGetWorkArea - Virtual screen origin is 0, 0
winGetWorkArea - Primary screen is 1024 x 768
winGetWorkArea - Adjusted WorkArea for multiple monitors: 0 0 738 1024
winAdjustForAutoHide - Original WorkArea: 0 0 738 1024
winAdjustForAutoHide - Adjusted WorkArea: 0 0 738 1024
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed - WindowClient w 1024 h 738 r 1024 l 0 b
738 t 0
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed -  Returning
winCreatePrimarySurfaceShadowDDNL - Creating primary surface
winCreatePrimarySurfaceShadowDDNL - Created primary surface
winCreatePrimarySurfaceShadowDDNL - Attached clipper to primary surface
winAllocateFBShadowDDNL - lPitch: 4096
winAllocateFBShadowDDNL - Created shadow pitch: 4096
winAllocateFBShadowDDNL - Created shadow stride: 1024
winFinishScreenInitFB - Masks: 00ff0000 0000ff00 000000ff
winInitVisualsShadowDDNL - Masks 00ff0000 0000ff00 000000ff BPRGB 8 d 24
bpp 32
winCreateDefColormap - Deferring to fbCreateDefColormap ()
winFinishScreenInitFB - returning
winScreenInit - returning
InitOutput - Returning.
MIT-SHM extension disabled due to lack of kernel support
XFree86-Bigfont extension local-client optimization disabled due to lack of
shared memory support in the kernel
(--) Setting autorepeat to delay=500, rate=31
(--) winConfigKeyboard - Layout: "0000040C" (0000040c)
(--) Using preset keyboard for "French (Standard)" (40c), type "4"
Rules = "xfree86" Model = "pc105" Layout = "fr" Variant = "(null)" Options
= "(null)"
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing
from list!
winPointerWarpCursor - Discarding first warp: 512 384
winBlockHandler - Releasing pmServerStarted
winBlockHandler - pthread_mutex_unlock () returned
winProcEstablishConnection - Hello
winInitClipboard ()
winProcEstablishConnection - winInitClipboard returned.
winClipboardProc - Hello
DetectUnicodeSupport - Windows NT/2000/XP
winClipboardProc - DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
winClipboardProc - XOpenDisplay () returned and successfully opened the
display.
winClipboardWindowProc - WM_DRAWCLIPBOARD - Initializing - Returning.
ddxBeforeReset - Hello
winClipboardProc - winClipboardFlushWindowsMessageQueue trapped WM_QUIT
message, exiting main loop.
winClipboardProc - XDestroyWindow succeeded.
ddxBeforeReset - Clipboard thread has exited.

Thanks a lot for your help. Looking forward for replies.

smiling_apple :)