right click paste in rxvt

Thomas Dickey dickey@his.com
Sat Jan 15 03:19:00 GMT 2005

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, Akash Jauhar wrote:

> hi list
> i have a question for which i have been trying to find an answer for a
> long time
> I normally use a windows machine but sometimes need the power of unix
> and hence have installed cygwin on my machine. when i connect to any
> linux machine using putty i can usually select a word by highlighting
> it with a left mouse click and paste it using the right mouse click.
> how can one achieve the same in xterm on cygwin.
>
> More specifically i want to modify xterm so that i can select and copy
> with left mouse click and paste by clicking the right mouse button
> instead of middle mouse button
> any pointers how to do that

xterm's behavior is done by the translations resource, described in the
manpage.  This chunk (which is much longer) does it all:

        The default bindings in the VT102 window are:

                      Shift <KeyPress> Prior:scroll-back(1,halfpage) \n\
                       Shift <KeyPress> Next:scroll-forw(1,halfpage) \n\
                     Shift <KeyPress> Select:select-cursor-start() \
                                             select-cursor-end(PRIMARY, CUT_BUFF>

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net