re cygwin/X for connecting to X sessions of Redhat 8

Raman kraman@cal2.vsnl.net.in
Wed Jan 19 14:56:00 GMT 2005

Hi

I recently downloaded and installed cygwin/X Setup.exe - X11 related
files. When i run cygwin.bat i get a bash shell prompt. I followed the
instructions given in the manual to run X. My installation doesnot
contain a XWin.exe file, but I do have a Xwinwm.exe in the bin folder.
When i run this file on my XP desktop, I get the following error message
"This application has failed to start because cygX11-6.dll was not
found. Re-installing the application....". In fact I reinstalled it
again but the error still appears. This file is not in the Cygwin directory.

Is there anything I am doing wrong?

Raman