Help about xorg-x11-fnts

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Thu Jul 7 13:02:00 GMT 2005

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, Alireza Ghasemi wrote:

> Hello,
> I have downloaded xorg-x11-fonts-6.8 but I don't know how to compile
> it.There is no typical Makefile and no configure script.Please explain me
> step by step how to compile it and get use of X11 in Cygwin.I have
> downloaded all other needed packages But it is very difficult for me to
> download huge 16 MB xorg-x11-fnts binary file.
> I copied the package to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts

Don't copy it -- use the Cygwin setup program to install it.

The X.Org X packages use Imakefiles instead of Makefiles -- there's
adequate documentation on X.org.  But read on.

> but again When I try to run X I get error about 'fixed font'.
> What should I do?

Normally, you'd be referred to the Cygwin/X FAQ at
<http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html#q-error-font-eof>.

However, in this case, that would be useless, as you didn't use a
prescribed procedure to install the packages, so anything could be
happening.  This kind of installation isn't (and cannot be) supported on
the Cygwin lists.
	Igor
P.S. Your spacebar key seems to be malfunctioning.
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"The Sun will pass between the Earth and the Moon tonight for a total
Lunar eclipse..." -- WCBS Radio Newsbrief, Oct 27 2004, 12:01 pm EDT