gv: Unable to open the display.

Mark Hadfield m.hadfield@niwa.co.nz
Tue Jul 26 00:00:00 GMT 2005

lin q wrote:
> My only purpose is to view a postscript file content and as I know I
> should run gv, so i installed gv package and then in cygwin shell I type
> "/usr/X11R6/bin/gv.exe".

If your only purpose is to view a Postscript file, have you considered
using the native windows version of Ghostscript and the viewer Gsview:

   http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/

I mean, Cygwin is a marvellous package for emulating Unix on Windows
*where necessary* but in this case I don't think it's necessary.

Disclaimer: I am not trying to start an "X sucks/X rules" flame war here.

--
Mark Hadfield          "Kei puwaha te tai nei, Hoea tahi tatou"
m.hadfield@niwa.co.nz