TrueType problem + question

nitzan shaked calius@netvision.net.il
Tue Jun 7 09:13:00 GMT 2005

(Newbie -- please pardon trivial mistakes. I did read the Cygwin/X user guide and the FAQ of course before posting)

Hello all

Running Cygwin/X release 6.8.2.0-2 to connect to an XDMCP.

Cygwin/X compains "could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/". The directory exists, has good permissions, I ran mkfontscale there (which created fonts.scale), but still. Can anyone offer other things to check?

After that works...: how exactly do I use TrueType fonts? Do they have font names such as the traditional "-adobe-courier-..."? I saw syntaxes like "shadow=1:xft:size=10" etc, but cannot find references to those.

Thanks,
Nitzan