TrueType problem + question

Thomas Dickey dickey@his.com
Tue Jun 7 11:09:00 GMT 2005

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Alexander Gottwald wrote:

> Other programs (like xterm, gvim and other gtk2 based programs)
> use client side fonts which are named with the true font name.
>

> In xterm:
> xterm -fn -microsoft-tahoma-bold-r-normal--24-0-0-0-p-0-iso8859-1
> xterm -fa "Tahoma 24" -fs 24
>                 ^^^ This disables wide paddings.
> @Thomas: Do you know what is causing this?

I'm not sure what "wide paddings" refers to.  A quick check on my Debian
machine shows I can run

xterm -fa "Tahoma 24" -fs 24
xterm -fa "Tahoma" -fs 24

with the same effect.  Perhaps the Xft library is ignoring the part after
the space.  The -fs option is what actually determines the size.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net