Back in Cygwin X world after ages...

Andreas Eibach ae_cygwin@web.de
Fri Jun 17 16:52:00 GMT 2005

/me wrote:
> Works now, thank you for your help. Apart from 10,000 error messages about not finding
> pixmaps [FVWM][scanForPixmap], and apart from the fact that configuring this is something
> for the hard-core guys only ...
This still stays, but Fvwm2 is now up and running perfectly.

This was a LOT of manual work:

First, you must install the icon package *not* shipped with cygwin: http://www.fvwm.org/download/icons.php
Then choose a place where to copy the package too. I chose /usr/X11R6/share/fvwm/pixmaps .

Then you have to add the line

Module FvwmScript FvwmScript-Setup95

to ~/.fvwmrc. This .fvwmrc, is only temporary; do NOT use ~/.fvwm/.fvwmrc.
Restart fvwm2 and then you get a (very buggy) scripted GUI where you can choose the path. It only worked occasionally, hence I just edited ~/.fvwm/.fvwmrc manually and set ImagePath to your desired path (random, as the icon package does not come with a makefile)

If I only knew now how to drag the toolbar ;-/ (FileMgr, terminal, editor ...)
I can _resize_ it, but it's very hard to move it ...

-Andreas