regression code in in the latest cygwin versions

hugues henocq henocq@gesma.fr
Mon Jun 20 06:52:00 GMT 2005

Hi,

I wanted to upgrade my cygwin version  from 1.3.17 to 1.5.17 and, then,
I tried
to compil and link my software using X/lesstif GUI. The link works but I
get some new messages like this:

Info: resolving __impure_ptr by linking to __imp___impure_ptr (auto-import)
Info: resolving __XmStrings by linking to __imp___XmStrings (auto-import)
Info: resolving _XtStrings by linking to __imp__XtStrings (auto-import)
Info: resolving _XtShellStrings by linking to __imp__XtShellStrings
(auto-import)
Info: resolving _rectObjClass by linking to __imp__rectObjClass
(auto-import)
Info: resolving _coreWidgetClass by linking to __imp__coreWidgetClass
(auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmDialogShellWidgetClass by linking to
__imp__xmDialogShellWidgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _topLevelShellWidgetClass by linking to
__imp__topLevelShellWidgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmFormWidgetClass by linking to
__imp__xmFormWidgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmRowColumnWidgetClass by linking to
__imp__xmRowColumnWidgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmMenuShellWidgetClass by linking to
__imp__xmMenuShellWidgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmPushButtonWidgetClass by linking to
__imp__xmPushButtonWidgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmSeparatorWidgetClass by linking to
__imp__xmSeparatorWidgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmCascadeButtonWidgetClass by linking to
__imp__xmCascadeButtonWidgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmCascadeButtonGadgetClass by linking to
__imp__xmCascadeButtonGadgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _transientShellWidgetClass by linking to
__imp__transientShellWidgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmToggleButtonWidgetClass by linking to
__imp__xmToggleButtonWidgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmTextFieldWidgetClass by linking to
__imp__xmTextFieldWidgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmLabelWidgetClass by linking to
__imp__xmLabelWidgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmScrolledWindowWidgetClass by linking to
__imp__xmScrolledWindowWidgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmListWidgetClass by linking to
__imp__xmListWidgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmArrowButtonWidgetClass by linking to
__imp__xmArrowButtonWidgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmDrawingAreaWidgetClass by linking to
__imp__xmDrawingAreaWidgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmBulletinBoardWidgetClass by linking to
__imp__xmBulletinBoardWidgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _shellWidgetClass by linking to __imp__shellWidgetClass
(auto-import)
Info: resolving _wmShellWidgetClass by linking to
__imp__wmShellWidgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _applicationShellWidgetClass by linking to
__imp__applicationShellWidgetClass (auto-import)
Info: resolving _xmFileSelectionBoxWidgetClass by linking to
__imp__xmFileSelectionBoxWidgetClass (auto-import)

Then, when I run the software, it fails down with a segmentation fault.
The problem happens in an Xm....
function and I think that aoto-mport doesn't run correctly ?

Linked under the previous version (1.3.17) or under linux, my software
works very well.
So, I think that there is a regression between these 2 versions.

Best regards,

Hugues