Mouse button copy/paste not working

Charles Packer Charles.Packer@noaa.gov
Mon Jun 20 19:40:00 GMT 2005

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> See <http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html#remote> (please read
>
>the whole section).
>	Igor

Typical Unix-head response ("Read the whole book..."). There is nothing
in the FAQ that deals with this problem. However, perusing the Cygwin/X
installation instructions, under the section on logging on to remote
clients, I noticed the suggested ssh command: ssh -Y -l username
hostdomain. I checked to see what our PC guy had set me up with under
the alias he had given me: ssh -X -l myname $1. Changing -X to -Y made
all the difference and solved the problem. Returning to the FAQ, there
is a question "X forwarding does not work does not work with OpenSSH
under Cygwin" in which the answer I needed is embedded as an
afterthought. Suggestion: Add to the FAQ a question specifically
mentioning the symptoms I described.