"Linux @ home -> Cygwin X server @ home" won't work

seya seya@u01.gate01.com
Tue May 3 15:12:00 GMT 2005

> Hm. Firewall issue? Or general network problems?

I appreciate your comment. I 'm sure this is nether Firewall issue nor
network problem since I tested Linux -> Cygwin X server connection strictly
within a private network at home ( 192.168.xxx.xxx ) and I disabled all
Firewall options on my router. Also I can "ping" both directions between
Linux machine and Cygwin. Moreover, if I make Cygwin as a X client, it can
connect to the X server running on Linux. However, I can not do the other
direction, which is Linux -> Cygwin X server. Now.. I'm really stuck here.
It does not make sense to me at all...

line 1> # export DISPLAY=192.168.11.2:0.0
line 2 > # xeyes&
line 3 > # netstat -a | grep x11
line 4 > tcp  0   1  192.168.11.8:32955       192.168.11.2:x11      SYN_SENT

After "xeyes&" is issued at line 2 it takes while till I get the error
message, " Error: Can't open display: 192.168.11.2:0.0" with "xhost +" on
the Cygwin server side. I see the same behavior with "xhost -". It tells me
Cygwin X server is not really listing the request from X client.

Do you have any idea why this is happening?

P.S Cygwin X server is working fine with VPN. I use this VPN via telephone
line at it put my computer in my company's network environment; this VPN is
configured by IT at my company. I'm  messed up because I'm in a trouble when
I'm completely in my local network.