Problem with -multiwindow and -clipboard when using -nolisten tcp

Brian Willis brian.willis@noaa.gov
Wed May 18 14:50:00 GMT 2005

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On May 18 10:35, Brian Willis wrote:
>
>>Is there any way to make the X server listen on loopback but not on the
>>outside interface?  The firewall software does all interfaces, not just
>>the outside.
>

> That would be a surprise.  Are you using the XP SP2 firewall by any
> chance?  It allows to customize trusted networks in it's GUI.
>

> Corinna

We do use XP SP2, but it doesn't work well with our VPN client, so we
use one from Computer Associates.  Unfortunatly I don't get much say in
what we run on the desktops, just the servers.