Popups popping through windows using built-in rootless WM

Nappi Chris-ra5809 Chris.Nappi@freescale.com
Thu May 19 13:54:00 GMT 2005

Hello all,

I have noticed that pop-up help balloons exhibit one or two problems (depending on the program) when using the built-in rootless WM:

Some balloons to not go to the background when a Windows window is brought to the front.

Other balloons actually come to the front when the mouse is over the object that creates them *through a Windows window*.

I should note that the applications I am seeing this with are running on Solaris - I don't have any native Cygwin apps that have pop-up balloons.

Regards,
Chris Nappi