port existing x windows application to win32

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux@mediaxim.be
Thu Nov 10 09:02:00 GMT 2005

Eliah Kagan wrote:
> On 11/9/05, Mehnaz Farooqui wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>> can you pls tell me how I can port existing x windows
>>application to win32? Is there any tool that does this
>>or do I have to replace the X11 API with win32 API
>>manually?
>>

>>Thanks,
>>Mehnaz
>

> Since there are X servers for Windows (like XFree86 on Cygwin), do you
> need to change the X11 API calls at all?
>
> -Eliah

There is of course a cygwin port of the X11 *client* libraries, but what
if you cant put your app under GPL? Is there a pure mingw port of the
X11 client lib?

--
Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director