my 3 heads = apps in the dead zone

Carl Karsten carl@personnelware.com
Thu Nov 17 14:18:00 GMT 2005

I am running cygwin/x on a 3 head win box: 21" is main, 2 17's are stacked to the
right.  so the 3 look like these dots  .:

or like this

     [17]
[21][17]

When I start an app, it creates its window in the "dead zone" where there is no
monitor - like this:

  app[17]
[21][17]

I can tell that's where it is because I can right click the XWin task bar button,
hit "move", hold down the DownArrow key and the app's window will come into view
from the top of the 21.  If I run the app, right click, move and use RightArrow,
the window comes into view at the left side of the top 17.

Is this a problem with the app, cygwin/x, x.org, Win or my config?

^Carl Karsten