my 3 heads = apps in the dead zone

Chris Green chris@areti.co.uk
Thu Nov 17 15:04:00 GMT 2005

On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 09:51:12AM -0500, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> > Is this a problem with the app, cygwin/x, x.org, Win or my config?
>
> Ultimately, window placement is the responsibility of the window manager.
> However, most window managers assume a single rectangular desktop area.

Hmph, not any more according to most 'modern' window manager
programmers.  I've had this discussion with two lots of developers of
same and both have now given up any support for positioning of windows
through the window manager.  At least user control of where the window
is positioned is no longer done using the window manager
configuration.

--
Chris Green (chris@areti.co.uk)

    "Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence."