"No absolute path for shell:" error

Thomas Dickey dickey@his.com
Wed Nov 30 21:41:00 GMT 2005

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005, Douglas Spearot wrote:

> Following that post, I typed xterm -v to find out what patch I was using:
>
> $ xterm -v
> Cygwin 6.8.2.0(202)
>
> I'll assume that this means that I am using patch 202.  I re-installed the

yes (the other text is whatever the imake configuration claimed at the
time of building).

> Am I not downloading the latest patch correctly or am I not setting up my
> X-server correctly?

I suspect no one's updated the package.  The current patch level is 207.
It's simple to compile if you have the X development installed.  Source
is here:

 	http://invisible-island.net/xterm/
 	ftp://invisible-island.net/xterm/

--