problems with X

Sherrett O. Walker sow@alum.mit.edu
Wed Oct 12 02:34:00 GMT 2005

Hi, all

I'm running cygwin on my XP laptop mostly to ssh into a Redhat server.
I'm currently seeing some strange behavior.  I start X windows by using
the "startx" command, which pops up an Xterm.  From there, I usually
might use another xterm or two to ssh into different boxes, and I might
pop up an emacs window or two while I'm working.

I'm seeing strange behavior on my new laptop (14 days or so):
When I use multiple windows and they overlap, they look like they're
transparent and interfere with each other.  Also, when I want to type in
a window, I must make sure my mouse is in that window.  I know this
behavior wasn't always like this, and I don't know if it's from changing
laptops or dual booting my current one.  I'm open to any and all advice.

Thanks
SOW