XWin hangs on opening xterms, correspondence with setup hangs ??

Larry Hall (Cygwin X) reply-to-list-only-lh-x@cygwin.com
Thu Oct 13 05:55:00 GMT 2005

Norbert Harendt wrote:
> Larry Hall (Cygwin X <reply-to-list-only-lh-x <at> cygwin.com> writes:
>

>>On 10/11/2005, Norbert Harendt wrote:
>>
>>>OK. What i can see, is that calling or running the shell causes the
>>>problems in my case. XWin is coming up and running fine, i get the logon
>>>screen of the remote server and everything seems to be fine. But if i try
>>>to open an xterm on the remote server, XWin seems to hang, no grafical
>>>update, nothing happens (with enough patience you can watch this going on
>>>forever). When i kill the second XWin.exe suddenly the xterm appears and
>>>everything is working fine again, except for the heavy cpu-load, which was
>>>not present in my former installation.
>>
>>Perhaps it makes sense to look at why you have a second XWin running.
>>

> OK. I don't know at that time, why there is a second XWin.exe starting. Yes
> i also think, that this is the clue to the problem. The start of the
> second XWin.exe must happen internally, because the script starting
>    XWin -clipboard -lesspointer -query 192.168.1.100 -once
> calls XWin.exe only once. At the time of the program call is no other XWin.exe
> running. Is there a possibility to view what is happening internally, extended
> logging features or somethins else ??

I don't know.  But perhaps it's better to come at this from the other
direction.  If you can provide a small test case/script that reproduces the
problem for you, then others on the list could verify whether or not they
see the same problem.

Holliston, MA 01746