starting X on an alternate monitor

Brian Keener keenerb@roleplayga.org
Wed Oct 19 09:10:00 GMT 2005

Eric Gumtow wrote:

>>Have you tried it with @1 instead of @2?
>>

>Yes.  The same behavior.  X starts on monitor #1.

At one point in the past I had worked out a method to do basically what
the @x command does.  This was before I realized it had a built-in
method of doing exactly what I was trying to do.

What I did was specify a root window size, offset, and pass the
-nodecoration parameter to the X server.  The exact commands escape me
and I currently am running Mandrake rather than Windows, but perhaps
later this morning I'll take a look at my work machine.

I do recall it involved the -screen parameter and specifying an offset...

Brian K