Is my X Servier not fully started (Rel: 6.8.2.0-4)

Jack Tanner ihok@hotmail.com
Wed Sep 14 21:03:00 GMT 2005

John Ormerod wrote:
> I get the X icon showing in the system tray, but it's 'dead'. By which I
> mean there I no context menu for it - I get the impression from reading
> around that there should be a menu... even if only to stop it.
>
> If I let the mouse pointer hover over it, the tool tip says: Cygwin/X Server
> - 0:0

The icon in the system tray is supposed to react to two inputs:
- a double-click with the left mouse button should trigger the "Exit" dialog
- a right-click should pop up a menu that is trivially simple until
customized with an xwinrc file.

Does yours react to neither?