SSH X11 forwarding issues

Philip H. Schlesinger pschlesi@uci.edu
Thu Apr 6 16:15:00 GMT 2006

Hi Sterling.

I checked the man page and -Y is just -X with less security:

-X      Enables X11 forwarding.  This can also be specified on a
per-host basis in a configuration file. X11 forwarding should be enabled
with caution.  Users with the ability to bypass file permissions on the
remote host (for the user's X authorization database) can access the
local X11 display through the forwarded connection.  An attacker may
then be able to perform activities such as keystroke monitoring.

-Y      Enables trusted X11 forwarding.  Trusted X11 forwardings are not
subjected to the X11 SECURITY extension controls.

Nevertheless, same problem - it freezes after I type in my password.

Other ideas?

- Phil