problems starting X, downgrade finally helped

Gerhard Gonter lists@urxn.at
Thu Aug 17 06:15:00 GMT 2006

FWIW, I also ran into the problem with the X server not being able
to load the fixed font.  After trying all the umounts, mounts and
reinstalls that were suggested, I finally gave up and downgraded
the xorg-x11 packages, including base, bin and all the fonts,
from 6.8.99.901-1 to 6.8.1 or 6.8.2.  After that downgrade, startx
immediately worked again without any problem.

Anyway, I'll try to stay with that version for the time being.

GG