running CygwinX with a limited user account

Angelo Graziosi Angelo.Graziosi@roma1.infn.it
Wed Aug 23 08:22:00 GMT 2006

Igor Peshansky wrote:

> For each user, execute "mount -u SOMEUSERSPECIFICDIR /tmp" (as "man
> mount" would have told you).

Are we sure that this works with startxwin.bat ?

Some time ago I tried to mount /tmp in an user directory (I used also
%TEMP%, i.e. C:\Doc...\%USERNAME%\..\Temp) but it did not worked with
startxwin.bat: it tries to remove \cygwin\tmp\.X11-unix\X0 which,
apparently, does not know about the mount.

Instead the mount works fine if one uses startx or startxwin.sh! But in
these cases one should first start cygwin.bat and the possibility to
start the X server from a link on the desktop is more hard.

Cheers,

   angelo.