slow paints despite fast hardware

Phlip phlip2005@gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 00:16:00 GMT 2006

Larry Hall (Cygwin X) wrote:

> In all seriousness, if you really think that your question could be a FAQ,
> why wouldn't you start with the Cygwin-X FAQ?  For example, the
> answer to
> your problem may come from the following entry:

Thanks for the derision and RTFM. I already stated I have fast network
conductivity, which is all those FAQ entries point out.

In my year of experience with GUIs and their hardware (repeated 20
times), I have learned that some programs default to the safest
possible options at install time; options which are perforce slow. So
this makes me think I can find some method to directly specify the
acceleration options, such as server-side caching, or drivers that
work closer to my graphics card. I do not know where to even start
looking for such things.

Again, why should Linux->Win32 be slow when Linux->cloud->Linux is so fast?

--
  Phlip
  http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ZeekLand  <-- NOT a blog!!