stackdump/corrupted terminal i/o with info command

Kenneth Nellis knellis@syntek-usa.com
Thu Aug 31 15:01:00 GMT 2006

I'm getting intermittent, anomalous results when resizing my xterm
window while executing "info". Because I've been unable to reproduce
in rxvt, I post this in the xfree mailing list. I have not yet
concluded, however, that the problem is Xwindows-specific. I also
was not able to reproduce with xterm on a true Linux system.

The anomalous results have been either a stackdump or corrupted
terminal I/O. In the latter case, keyboard input is not echoed and
output newlines are simply a linefeed without a paired carriage return.

I've encountered the defect while resizing my terminal window to
accommodate long lines that "info" wraps to fit the terminal
window.

Steps to reproduce:
1) open a new xterm window with a width of 80 characters
2) enter command: info cat
3) make screen wider to accommodate first line

If you don't get a stackdump, quit (q) the program and see if terminal
output functions normally.

Attached is cygcheck output and my stackdump.

I'm not using the latest (6.8.99.901) Xwindows code due to problems
reported in this mailing list by me and others. I would like to hear
from users of the latest version if they can reproduce this problem.

--Ken Nellis